Buy a laptop: Keys to consider before making the purchase
If you are thinking of buying a laptop and have already taken a first look at the market you will have verified that the existing offer is huge. Do not feel overwhelmed, then we will explain the most important factors to consider before buying a laptop.
Things you have to keep in mind when buying a laptop
- The size The most common screen sizes of laptops are 11, 13, 15.6 and 17 inches. Logically, a larger screen, larger size and greater weight . Traditionally the 15.6-inch laptop has been the big sales success. However, more and more people are starting to opt for 13-inch laptops, as they are more comfortable to transport, very functional and perfectly perform their task.
- The processor It is the engine of our laptop. Before it was a fundamental variable of purchase and err with a weak processor could mean that our laptop becomes obsolete in a very short time
Today this is not so because modern processors are all very powerful , so unless we are addicted to video editing or use programs that require many resources, any processor that is marketed will be more than enough. The i3, i5 and i7 of Intel are the most popular, the latter being the most powerful of all.
- The hard drive Photographs, documents, movies, music … We keep everything on the hard disk of our computer, so the bigger this one is, the better. However, file storage services in the cloud, such as Dropbox or Drive, can make the size of the hard drive not as important as it seems.
All in all, most laptops sold today include 500GB or 1TB hard drives , which is more than enough for any average user. In addition, there is always the option to later expand the capacity of the laptop by mounting an SSD hard drive.
- RAM memory It is a very important variable to take into account. Most mid-range laptops on the market include a 4GB RAM, which in principle may seem more than enough, but it is possible that we are running short in a short time and our laptop starts to run very slow.
If we want our computer to be fluid for several years, we should not buy a computer with less than 8GB of RAM. The 16GB is also an interesting option , although more expensive, if we use photo or video editing programs or we are addicted to video games. The latter should also take into account the characteristics of the laptop’s graphics card .
- Other aspects to consider . To make our purchase perfect we should also take into account other aspects, such as the durability of the battery (we should look for laptops that offer up to 10 hours of autonomy), the number of connections offered (for example, number of USB or HDMI ports) ), the quality of the trackpad or the resolution of the webcam it integrates.